This exquisite oil from Gasan, Marinduque, Philippines is the product of an artisanal resurgence occurring within the craft of pili tree resin harvest. We steam-distilled the resin in small batches and separate the oil from the hydrosol through filtration which yield pure, unadulterated Elemi Oil. Part of the same family as Frankincense and Myrrh, Elemi has been used traditionally to support the appearance of healthy skin. Elemi is a powerhouse oil that heals body, mind, and spirit.
Elemi oil has aromatherapy applications similar to a frankincense oil. It benefits us during cold and flu season by providing soothing comfort to the head and lungs. Like frankincense it is a perfect stress reducer and meditation oil. It profoundly improves the spiritual environment. Elemi is also used in perfumery for its emotionally uplifting, spicy and sharp citrusy fragrance instilling feeling of peace.
- Suggested uses of Elemi Oil:
- Add some drops on diffuser to spread fragrance in the the room.
- Blend with other essential oil.
- Elemi is considered a middle/base note. Use the blend for soap, candle and other cosmetic products.
- Combine with carrier oil like coconut oil to produce a massage oil.